Teacher Planning Packet – This document is useful in planning your field trip to YMCA Camp Cherokee. All of our classes offered are described in it, as well as a helpful checklist.
EE Waiver – All students and adults must have this form signed prior to boarding YMCA Camp Cherokee buses, or prior to arrival to Camp if providing your own transportation.
Overnight Trip Packing List – Coming for an overnight field trip? Awesome! Use this helpful print out to help students and chaperones pack well for their upcoming adventure to Camp!
Trip Leader Checklist
4-6 Months Before Trip
- Schedule and confirm trip date (s)
- Submit contract and deposit to Camp Cherokee
- Inform parents and students of trip
- Arrange for transportation or contact Camp
Cherokee if transportation is needed
- Emergency transportation: your school is responsible for providing emergency transportation if necessary
- Consult school administration regarding the need for a chaperone background check, policies related to student safety and abuse prevention, etc.
1-2 Months Before Trip
- Send a Chaperone Letter, What to Bring List, and parent-packet home with students
- Submit schedule and information form to YMCA Camp Cherokee
- Discuss trip goals and expected behavior with students
- Collect final payment from students to have turned into Camp Cherokee
2-4 Weeks Before Trip
- Finalize number of students & chaperones attending and update this information with Camp Cherokee
- Hold chaperone meeting to review roles and responsibilities
- Collect permission forms from students
- Send final payment to YMCA Camp Cherokee
1 Week Before Trip
- Make nametags for every student; this helps the instructors make each class personal
- Ensure all students are prepared with a lunch, as we cannot provide lunches for day trip students
- Review with students your expectations, goals, and what to bring for the trip
- Review schedule sent from Camp Cherokee; contact EE Director with any questions, concerns or changes that need to be made
- Make final contact with Camp Cherokee for confirmation and to ask any questions you may have
Day of Trip
- Head count and collect lunches
- Give every student a name tag
- Have all adult and student waivers signed and ready to give to Camp Cherokee staff upon boarding the bus, or arriving to Camp if providing your own transportation
- Have fun!